Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's Biggest Loser Tuesday, and I'm back. Been watching for about 5 minutes, and I've already cried twice. God I love this show. The season premiere is tonight. It's starting out cruelly - Bob, Ally and Jillian are traveling to several cities, and in each city three people have to compete for two spots on the show. The challenge is easy. The contestants have to do 500 step-ups. The first two people to hit 500 make it on the show, and the third person goes home. It's cruel. They all need the show. The crazy part is that there are about 100 people in the audience, and they're all fat, too. They're bringing out the issues early. I love that. You ain't fat because you eat a lot. You fat because of something going on in your life: the death of your brother, the death of your mom, your kid, your spouse, alcoholism, cruel words from a loved one, cancer, a cheating partner, your own life. What the hell is Bob wearing? Nice sailor hoodie and tight pants. New city, and now they're making the contestants run a mile to compete for the two spots. What a nightmare. I like Tina. She's 58 and 263 pounds. I hope she makes it on the show. Dredlock guy just fell on his face trying to keep Tina from passing him 20 yards from the finish line. That was sad. He's being carried off in an ambulance. Bob just said something I really like: "Your body wants to be healthy." Yeah, well, my body wants peanut butter cookies and sex. What do you think about that, Bob? I think Patrick just showed some ass crack. I didn't need to see that tonight. The old guy was the first to finish the mile in Atlanta, and I think he ran the whole damn way. Good on him. The 400-pounder finished second.

My 2010 personal challenge is on for 2011. My goal is to compete in at least one event per month for each month in 2011 beginning with the Houston Half-Marathon in January and the Austin Half in February. So that's what this blog is going to be about. For the next 15 months, I'll be writing about my 2011 experience. These goals probably sound familiar since I seem to remember writing the same thing this time last year. So here it goes again. I'll discuss my training and the events and the good and the bad and the really, really ugly. I've put together a schedule for 2011 which I'll post one day soon.

Time to finish up The Biggest Loser.

No comments: